Help us to raise awareness and funding for Lung Cancer Research & Support Programs in the Southern New Jersey Shore Region.
Your contribution matters! Remember:
- Each year over 240,000 Americans are diagnosed with lung cancer and without the development of new diagnostic and treatment methods 85% will die within five years.
- There will be an estimated 159,000 deaths from lung cancer this year, accounting for more cancer deaths than from colon, breast, and prostate cancers combined.
- Lung cancer is responsible for nearly 1/3 of all cancer deaths. Atlantic and Cape May Counties have the highest incidences of lung cancer in the state of New Jersey.
- Approximately two thirds of lung cancer diagnoses are in never smokers or non-smokers.
- The five year survival rate for lung cancer is only 17%, the lowest among all major cancers.
- Lung cancer is the #1 Cancer killer and yet the least funded cancer due to the stigma attached to the disease. Breast cancer is funded at $26,257 for every cancer death, Prostate cancer at $12,732, Colorectal cancer at $6,327 and Lung Cancer is only funded at $1,370 for every cancer death.